For Parents and Students
Registration is now CLOSED for the School Year 2019-20 year
- Students must be in the classroom and seated before the class begins
- Have binders, notebooks, your own paper, pens, pencils, and highlighters every week
- Show respect for the teachers, other adult authorities and fellow students
- Follow classroom/school rules, procedures, and directions
- Do your homework every day and ask for help when you need
- Turn in all homework the day they are due
- Show respect for anyone who is speaking. Raise your hand and wait to be called on before you speak
- Be responsible for your own things
- Treat everyone with kindness and respect
- Keep your hands, feet and other objects to self
- Help keep class clean
- DON’T display rude or inappropriate behavior; be physically or verbally abusive.
- DON’T have food or gum in the classroom in order to keep our classroom clean.
- DON’T text, read texts, make calls during class. Turn off your phones in class.
- DON’T bring articles of value like jewelry to school
- Monitor attendance-85% attendance is mandatory to pass
- Help your child if needed and Make sure that homework is completed
- Monitor and encourage children to speak in Tamil at home
- Volunteer in SA Tamil School projects and student enrichment programs
- Spend at least 15 minutes reading Tamil every day with your child
- Maintain communication with your child’s teacher
- Encourage children to watch appropriate Tamil/English subtitled programs in TV
- Resolve disputes constructively
As parents, we expect you to support your children’s learning in the following ways:
Parent Agreement Statement:
Parents agree to allow their child to attend Tamil School and agree to assume all responsibility and liability for any injuries to their child while participating in this activity as a result of any alleged act of the participant. Parents agree to be responsible for any medical expenses, charges or other costs, which may be incurred as a result of child's participation in this activity. Parents further agree that they will be responsible for any claims made by third parties, which may result from or be caused by their child's actions while participating in this activity.